I am endorsing Terry Bergeson for Washington State Superintendent of Public Instruction for the following reasons:
1) Your cutting of the budget for the WASL and still being able to adhere to the having effective test results necessary for the true results which a test should give. An administrator which cuts a major cost in half must always be given a second and third look of approval.
2) Your test still tests with true and false and multlpal choice. But the rigors of testing with an essay style and fill in the blank is an uncompromising characteristic of some of the top Universities in the country. True results can only be seen if the rigors of test can prove the worth of the student and the worth of the high school and the attending and tested student.
3) Endorse your getting of a $60 Million grant for the improving of reading scores in the lower performing and disadvantaged academic school systems in Washington State. You have had dramatic improvements and am looking forward to your continued redeployment of those achievements in the rest of the Washington State School systems.
4) Am looking at the continued extension of Larry Ishmael achievements in the Issaquah School System and your carrying on with these aggressive accomplishments transposing them throughout the state. From a low test score school system to a Number 3 in the State School System in one term as a District Supervisor of the Issaquah School System.
5) You have accomplished one of my requirements for a manager. One must be able to have two if not more innovative ideas and implement those ideas. Number one above you are in the process of implementing this idea and the cherry is the cost of administration will be cut in half. The other is the use of grant funds. These funds have been used and the test results have showed aggressively positive results. When fully implemented throughout the state our students aptitude and appreciation for other forms of learning should dramatically improve as well. If I am aware of two ideas you must have additional endeavors of achievement which I in advance am applauding. Affective and efficient use of government resources should be the goal of all elected officials. Congratulations!
The above reasons are why I am endorsing Terry Bergeson for another term as Washington State Superintendent of Public Instruction. You have a high threshold and in four more years will have an even higher threshold to pass. Our children will achieve!!
Keith Ljunghammar, EA
Candidate for 46th Legislative District, position 1
2400 NW 80th Street, #324
Seattle, WA 98117-4449
Received an Endorsement from
This is the Human Life PAC on July 3, 2008.
Human Life Political Action Committee
14400 Bel-Red Road, Suite 207
Bellevue, WA 9800425-641-9345
July 3, 2008
Dear Candidate Ljunghammer,
We are pleased to inform you that you have received the endorsement of Human Life Political Action Committee (PAC). Research shows that a HL PAC endorsement provides a real advantage to your campaign. For our part, we are grateful for your commitment to stand solidly behind the right to life. Feel free to use the Human Life PAC endorsement any way you wish.
You may request the names of our supporters in your district if you wish to send a get-out-the-vote letter before the election. This letter cannot be a fundraising letter, but we have no objection if you want to enclose a volunteer card that asks for various kinds of support.
I have enclosed a sample get-out-the-vote letter for your convenience. This is a sample only and you may revise the letter to reflect your personal campaign. We do request that your letter state that the Human Life Political Action Committee (PAC) has endorsed you. Please do not say Human Life of Washington, because the PAC is a separate entity.
This will ensure that our supporters know that you have the endorsement of the HL PAC.
If you desire to send a get-out-the-vote letter, we require that you send us your draft for our review. The draft may be faxed to 425 or emailed to at @verizon.net.
We have one important requirement: the names you receive are to be used for mailing or phoning purposes only. Please do not add them to your own data file. We pledge to our HUMAN LIFE supporters that their names will not be given out for solicitation purposes.
A mailing company has updated the names so there should be a minimum of errors. There are approximately households for your district.